Monday, October 27, 2008

Keep my brain busy

It's been more than a year that I took the courage to let go of the things I wish didn't come to change. But there are realities about being rational that are beyond our control. Change thrills in and speeds on relentlessly like flowing water--not a care in the world whether it might affect human existence like eternity. And so I groped for something that hopefully will fill me with purpose. And to keep my brain busy is the option I had to take wishing that in my little brain's capacity, I will have more to achieve than staying too long under a fever of distress and regret for falling in love with someone who never even loved me in the first place. Times when I felt like I never wanted to see any room for rethinking or recapitulating what's been lost and how I came to be a loser. Times when I hated every solitary moments for it'll only leads me back to memories I so long wanted to let go. And so I ventured into something that might make me the busiest person in order to hide the loneliest emotions.

I took lessons. I keep my mind preoccupied with the practicalities of things than those that entails emotional investments. Now, I can't tell that I have conquered what my heart is aching for. But at least upon feeding my brain I now know the difference between loving and letting go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and knowing the battlefield is half the victory.

hmmm lahat tayo, we tend to look for something to feed our mind, to keep us awake, to keep us informed, to keep us "away" from unpleasant thoughts.

but I hope you do it not as a defense mechanism. kasi, sa defense mechanism, bumabalik din ang past after maexhaust ang "distraction". I always believe that acceptance is the KEY to everything.

accept before moving on. prepare before going on.


..napadaan din, salamat sa pagbisita. ;)

"Just when you think things are not on your side, conquer them all with LOVE. Only in an open heart and mind where you may remain stand still as a UNIQUE individual."