Monday, April 20, 2009

how important is respect in friendship?

A friend of mine got mad at me because I wasn't able to grant her favor for a thing that I too have my own reason. The sad thing is she doesn't listen and understand my view. That's why even if I have already apologized, still she said hurting words against me.

RESPECT is a very important factor in all forms of relationship even in friendship. Even if I am a friend, that doesn't mean that I no longer have the right to say "no." In the first place, I have my reason. The only thing that hurts me is that she doesn't respect my decision and didn't even accept my apology. It happened na sya na nga ang humingi na favor, ako pa ang naging makasalanan.

People can be immature I know. However, I still wish that she'll wake up one day realizing that I never have any intention to ruin the friendship only for that matter. I was sincerely apologizing though I have my reason. When she could have understood instead. But she judged me right away and listen only to her own view without even respecting mine. Sigh!

2 comments:

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

It sounds like you friend is really only thinking about her needs. No one has the right to expect people to say yes to their requests.

Hopefully, she'll understand her wrong doing.

es said...

Maria,

Yeah, it sounds that way..thinking only of her own needs. What disappointed me much was that she was being too quick to judge only at that instance. Yes, i hope she'll realize that.

"Just when you think things are not on your side, conquer them all with LOVE. Only in an open heart and mind where you may remain stand still as a UNIQUE individual."