Sunday, February 14, 2010

single at 33..

At times I felt dumbfounded when some people when would look at me with such disbelief that I have remained single at age of 33. Some say it's a choice, some say i just have to wait for the right time while i say, i chose to search but nothing prospered until i get tired...i stopped searching. in my mind, "i've done my part..now i guess it's time to just let things happen if i am really meant to marry".at once i thought i wasn't just lucky in love...i guess there are just people like me who aren't just lucky to have found the one. but then on the later part i came to realize that having a partner is not really the 'be- all or the end-all " of this thing called life.

i now find the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, gather my courage to change just the things that i can as human and continue to pray for God's wisdom so I can see the difference..as what a famous prayer goes.

i am now happy as i trudge onward to the road less traveled. and whether i'll find the one in the near future or not at all- - the good thing about it is knowing i always have God with me to guide me to a life that is temporal and to a life that is everlasting.

happy valentine's day!:)

4 comments:

El-ei said...

i think we're on the same boat. I'm at your side. I agree with you that it's not the be-all and end-all in a woman's life. I think I'd also be saying these things when I reach your age.

vanny said...

ate? kamusta?

funkie said...

I totally agree with you, I am also single at 33. learnt to live life to its fullest everytime.. live on top of the world no matter what..

Anonymous said...

I too am single at 33, I sometimes cry myself to sleep on date night. I refuse to settle and I will not compromise my morales for a guy who is not going to be a permanent fixture in life. I guess you can call me a hopeless romantic, I call myself fearless.

"Just when you think things are not on your side, conquer them all with LOVE. Only in an open heart and mind where you may remain stand still as a UNIQUE individual."